I first learned of the brand b.liv when I saw posts from other members of the #abcommunity on Instagram.
b.liv (pronounced as “believe”) was established in 2009 and created to cater to a strong demand for an easy-to-use and affordable personal skin care regimen. Their founder aims to provide hassle-free, fast and salon-tested formulations to everyone. They are dedicated to bring pores management solution to be the primary focus of their brand since they believe that healthy skin begins with healthy pores. You can learn more about the brand’s story here.
Now let’s go to the product that I’ve been using for about three weeks now. It’s the deep impact deep pores massage & cleansing emulsion.
- Description: This emulsion delves deep to expel imperfections to reveal the true beauty of your skin, as it cleanses and massages your face to porcelain perfection. It also gently but effectively exfoliates and clarifies your skin. Your real beauty can now shine inside out.
- Size: 50 ml
- Price: US$25.00 at bliv.com. Now on a 10% off promo for only US$22.50.
- Best for oily skin.
- Kaolin – Often used as a facial mask to reduce shine, it is a soft and naturally occurring clay mineral which is known to absorb excess oil and dead cells that can clog skin and result in enlarged pores.
- Jojoba Massage Beads – 100% pure and natural Jojoba wax that are degradable and environmental friendly. This is a mild and gentle exfoliating agent that promotes microcirculation for healthy pores. The spheres have no sharp edges and leave no micro-lacerations to your skin. Once dissolved, the beads will turn into oil form which closely resembles human sebum.
- Aloe Vera – Anti-inflammation, soothing and promotes wound healing. Moisturizes and nourishes the skin.
- Witch Hazel Extract – Has antioxidant and astringent properties that help minimize pores and and tone the skin.
- Tea Tree Leaf Oil – Contains antiseptic, antibacterial and antioxidant properties that help soothe blemished skin.
Complete List of Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Kaolin, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Jojoba Esters, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Bark/Leaf/Twig Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Titanium Dioxide, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil
HOW TO USE:
- Apply a small amount of cleanser onto damp skin.
- Gently massage in an upward and outward circular motion until the Jojoba massage beads dissolve or for about 40 seconds.
- Rinse well with water.
For normal and oily skin: Recommended to use 2 to 3 times a week.
For dry, combination and sensitive skin: Recommended to use 1 to 2 times a week.
*All information above are either provided by the brand or can be found on the product or brand’s website. Information on ingredients can be confirmed by external sources.
Packaging: The packaging looks clean and simple. It comes in a laminated silver box with black and yellow prints. Same prints can be seen on the white tube packaging. Batch code and expiration date are printed on one side. It has a translucent twist cap with a partially rounded base. The cap allows the product to stand upside down. However, the flat part is not that wide so there are times that the tube topples over. Be careful when you open the cap since there’s no product seal on the tube’s nozzle.
Scent and Texture: The emulsion is a smooth milky white cream with yellow Jojoba beads. It doesn’t bubble, if you’re wondering. It has a fresh milky and somewhat powdery scent. I’m biased to milky and powdery scents and loving this one very much.
Application and Clean up: I use this as a massage pack after second cleansing. The instruction on the box (use day and night) is different from the one on the site (oily skin – recommended usage is 2-3 times a week). I follow the one on the site and use an amount the size of a pea.
The massage emulsion is very relaxing to use. The beads don’t dissolve easily so I massage for 40 seconds to a minute. It’s easy to apply and just as easy to clean up. I tried rinsing it with both lukewarm water and tap water, and cleaning it up felt the same. There’s nothing noted on the box and site, although most would recommend to wash this with lukewarm water. It comes off quickly and doesn’t leave any residual feeling.
Results: This product leaves a refreshing and cooling sensation on the skin every time after use. It seemed to dissolve deep seated dirt along with whiteheads and blackheads. I saw that my pores were minimized immediately after use. It also helped regulate sebum production. It gently exfoliated my skin but the exfoliation deep impact provided didn’t seem enough for my easily congested skin. What I did was use deep impact twice a week, and use a gommage peeling mask once a week.
OVERALL: I loved using deep impact and it helped keep my pores clear. Though I don’t think it’s as affordable as the brand envisions it to be. US$25.00 for a 50ml product is above average. Overall, still an awesome product and would definitely recommend this as a good gentle deep cleanser and exfoliator.
About b.liv – https://www.bliv.com/index.php/about-us
Product link – https://www.bliv.com/index.php/shop/blackheads/deep-impact
b.liv Instagram page – https://www.instagram.com/bliv/
b.liv Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/blivmalaysia/
NOTE: This product was sent to me by Shir Lin of b.liv for review purposes. All thoughts are my own and not influenced by the brand.
Did you find this review helpful? I’d appreciate your inputs. 🙂 Have you tried deep impact or other products from b.liv? Let me know, I’d like to read about them to.
Till next time! 🙂