Hello everyone! Today I wanna share with you one of the most amazing products I’ve tried so far, it’s the I’m From Mugwort Essence.
A little background on how I came about this new holy grail of mine. One of my friends is a Wishtrend Affiliate. I tried signing up under her and luckily got accepted into the program myself. After learning about my skin type and concerns, Wishtrend asked if I’d be interested to try and review the I’m From Mugwort Essence, one of their latest curations from the brand. I’ve seen a lot of great feedback on I’m From products and got excited for this opportunity to try one of theirs.
I’m From brand is very simple and straightforward. Each and every product from I’m From have 3 promises: Ingredient Transparency – Honest Materials – No Harmful Additives. They’re very well known for their wash off masks. I have their Honey Mask and a sample of their Mugwort Mask, but these are for another review post in the future. 🙂
- Description: The I’m From Mugwort Essence is an essence to calm and soothe irritated skin. Consisting of a single ingredient, Mugwort 100%, the soft, thin and fluid texture quickly cleanse and detox sensitive skin. As a Korean natural herb, the mugwort has been widely known for treatments and detoxing effect. This is effective for treating acne, troubled, irritated skin. Apply the essence to areas with concerns to see instant effects. Also may be used as a facial mist, Mugwort bath, and feminine mist. (from wishtrend.com)
- Contents: 160 mL
- Price: USD 40.00 at wishtrend.com (It’s on 15% OFF until January 7, 2019)
- Recommended for:
- Troubled, irritated skin
- Agitated, exhausted skin
- Rough, red, uneven skin
Artemisia Princeps Extract 100% – Artemisia princeps is native to China, Japan and Korea. It is widely used in Korean cuisine and sought after for it’s medicinal properties. In cosmetics, it is used for it’s anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. You can read a little more about it here.
HOW TO USE:
- After prepping the skin with a toner, apply an adequate amount to the entire face, evenly distributing.
- For days when your skin is feeling extra dry, soak about 3 cotton pads with the Mugwort Essence and leave the pad on your skin for about 5 minutes to allow maximum moisturization.
- For calming effects, you can soak the essence sheet to use the Mugwort Essence as a hydration mask then remove after about 5 minutes.
Packaging: The box has a very neutral and earthy feel to it. It’s very sturdy which was good since it needed to support the tall glass bottle inside it.
The glass bottle was tall, thick and heavy. It’s see-through with an olive green stain. Under the twist cap, there was a stopper to prevent the liquid from spilling under the cap, and possibly into the box.
As Wishtrenders put it, the packaging felt so luxe.
Scent and Texture: The essence was a watery transparent amber liquid with a faint herbal scent that was very comforting. It’s very refreshing to use and got absorbed into the skin quickly. It didn’t leave any tacky feeling.
Application: I have used the Mugwort Essence every day in the morning and at night after applying a toner. Other than the methods listed above, here are the other ways I used the Mugwort Essence:
- I put a few drops of the Mugwort Essence on my palm, spread it out and pat evenly onto my skin until it got absorbed. I think this is the best way to apply this essence so you can get all the goodness without wasting any drop.
- I used a cotton pad lightly soaked with the essence to spread it evenly across my face, lightly wiping outward and upward. Then gently pat with my fingers for better absorption.
- For those days when I got hormonal acne, I used this as spot treatment by soaking a thin cotton pad with essence and leaving it on the affected area for about 3 to 5 minutes. I did this after applying the toner and before using a serum.
Results: I’ve been using the I’m From Mugwort Essence for about three and a half weeks now and I definitely saw and felt the difference it made on my skin. On the first week, I felt my skin has become smoother and more moisturized. I’ve had less breakouts since I started using this, exactly 5 pimples for the past few weeks. On week three, I started to notice that the redness around my cheeks have lessened a bit. I’m gonna continue to observe if it will lessen the redness around my nose and chin too. The small bumps that I usually have across my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin are gone too.
OVERALL: I can’t remember the last time my skin felt this smooth. I occasionally find myself feeling my cheeks, mostly right after my routine when my hands are still clean and haven’t touched anything else yet such as my phone. Hehe. I would recommend this to anyone, but would be best experienced by those with troubled and acne-prone skin. Would I repurchase? A big YES to that! I don’t like paying for products that cost more than a thousand pesos. If there are any that I would want to buy, I wait for them to be on sale. But for this one, I’d make an exemption. This is something worth saving up for. I’m somewhat regretting it that I didn’t get a spare last Black Friday. The I’m From Mugwort Essence has just become my holy grail essence. Because of this, I’m itching to try the other I’m From products.
Wishtrend.com product link – https://goo.gl/KFpdpQ
Wishtrend Instagram page – https://www.instagram.com/wishtrend/
I’m From Global Instagram page – https://www.instagram.com/imfrom_global/
NOTE: This product was sent to me by Wishtrend for review purposes. All thoughts are my own and not influenced by the shop and brand.
Thank you so much Wishtrend for giving me this opportunity to try and review the Wishtrend Beauty Awards 2018: The Holy Grail 2018 – I’m From Mugwort Essence. It’s been a pleasure experiencing this product.
I hope this review has been helpful to you. Let me know if you have any comments, questions or suggestions. I would like to hear them. 🙂
In the meantime, check out my unboxing video of the I’m From Mugwort Essence. 😀
Till next time! 🙂